Safety is our top priority at Cardinal FG Portage
Safety is our highest value at Portage. The Cardinal team ROCs at working safely!
R - All employees are RESPONSIBLE
for their safety and the safety of their co-workers. This is accomplished by following established safety procedures, safety training, wearing personal protective equipment and addressing safety issues through our plant-wide safety committee.
O - We follow and adhere to OSHA standards and guidelines.
C - Every shift has a safety COMMITTEE that meets regularly. They discuss safety related topics and recommend ways to improve the safety of acts and conditions around the plant.
We offer multiple programs and training opportunities to ensure that every employee goes home the way that they arrived.
- Safe Start Program
- Peer-to-Peer Observations
- We use Job Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment to eliminate hazards in the workplace.
- We have a safety department at each Cardinal location.
- We have a corporate safety director for each division.
- Lockout Tag Out Training
- First Responder Training
- Annual Hearing Testing
- Weekly Safety Audits and Safety Meetings
- Job rotation throughout your shift
- All personal protective equipment is provided at no cost to the employee.
- Random Drug Testing
We are committed to providing a workplace that is safe, clean, and substance free.