Full Time Maintenance Technician
Ready for Perks, Benefits, and a Safe Environment?
Join our Cardinal Flock Today!
We are looking for candidates who have a strong work ethic, safe work habits, and a positive attitude, and can work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
Our proactive, team-based environment thrives on day-to-day problem solving with respectful and collaborative technicians. The schedule requires working twelve-hour shifts rotating days and nights, 3 or 4 shifts/week.
Qualifications/Physical Requirements For Openings
- Operate power industrial vehicles, once trained and certified
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Reliable transportation
- Must be 18 years of age to apply
- High school diploma or its equivalent preferred
- Basic math, computer and tape measuring skills
- Able to safely lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, twist, squat, kneel or stand for long periods of time
- Clear understanding of the English language, both written and spoken
We are looking for someone with:
- Combination of two years’ education/experience in one of these areas:
- Mechanical experience - related to Industrial environment.
- Machine shop experience
- Industrial Electricity
- Industrial Electrical Experience preferred
What Cardinal-Portage has to offer:
- Competitive Annual Wage - Ranges from $55,000 to $57,000/year plus monthly profit sharing bonus - learn more
- Increases at 6-month intervals
- Monthly Profit-Sharing plan - earn up to $2,038/month through 401(k) savings and/or check. This adds up to $12.70/hour to the starting wage. - learn more
- New Hire Bonus – $1,900 gross total payout within 1st year of employment
- Perfect Attendance & Safety rewards – Check and/or paid time off starting at 6 months
- Excellent Health and Wellness Benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution match
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- On-site Wellness Services free to all employees
- Nurse practitioner
- Physical therapist
- Fitness trainer
- 24/7 Fitness Center
- Participation in a Proactive Safety Culture
- Paid Breaks - Three ½ hour breaks
- Paid Holidays PLUS premium pay when working the holiday
- Paid Time Off - Float time and vacation
- Advancement Opportunities from within
- On-Site Cafeteria – Full-service kitchen plus FREE hot beverages
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least two years’ maintenance experience
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Pass a pre-employment physical ability test and drug screen
Cardinal is an equal employment opportunity employer and a tobacco/smoke-free workplace.